Below is a detailed explanation of our fee system including our invoicing schedule and refund policy. All fees are per student unless noted otherwise and subject to change.
If for any reason there is a difficulty in paying fees we highly recommend that you contact the school immediately, wherever possible a payment plan will be considered and put into place. By delaying payment, you will be subject to interest charges and late fees and; by not communicating, their child eventually losing their place at the school.
This processing fee is to be paid when the initial application of the student is made. No credit terms are offered with this fee and a student cannot start tuition until this is fully paid.
The admission fee is a one-time charge to cover all administration and capital fees to register your child with our school and the relevant authorities. No credit terms are offered with this fee and a student cannot start tuition until this is fully paid.
This security deposit is charged per child and is refundable following graduation or on permanent withdrawal from the school. This fee is subject to the refund policy. No credit terms are offered with this fee and a student cannot start tuition until this is fully paid.
For all new students an invoice for tuition shall be issued after application acceptance and payable prior to starting school. For students already enrolled and receiving tuition at the school the invoice for the following term shall be issued shortly before half term holidays of the preceding term. For example: – Term 2 invoice will be issued shortly before half term holiday of Term 1. 30-day credit terms shall be given to all students who are in good credit standing. The school may also issue invoices on an ad-hoc basis for other items such as, but not limited to external exam fees, school uniforms, non-domestic or special school trips etc. Payments can be made via telegraphic transfer, cheque or cash at the school.
- Basic school fees are inclusive of:
- Full tuition during normal school hours as posted on school timetable
- All course books, work books and other shared learning material
- Note: course books are to be returned in a good condition at the end of the term / year
- Healthy lunch and simple snacks are provided by the canteen
- Accident insurance providing up to 10,000 baht of coverage per child per claim
- Local domestic school trips as planned by the school
- There will be additional fees for:
- School minibus service, details of bus routes and charges will be released on a regular basis
- External examination fees by third parties
- School trips outside of the local area or involving specialist training
- Private Tuition outside of school hours including intensive language courses
- Specialist and / or non-standard exam equipment
- School uniform and apparel, these can be purchased at the school
- Exercise books, personal books such as dictionaries and other stationary such as pens, pencils, rulers, calculators etc
- Summer School and related activities
The minimum charge is one full term of tuition with the exception of the initial term of tuition when the student first arrives at the school. In such cases the tuition fee for that initial term will be calculated using the mid-term discount sheet. Following the initial first term any partial term leave will not be deducted for tuition fees for any reason and said term shall be treated and charged as a full term.
An additional discount applies to tuition fees when a full school year is paid. This can only be utilised when Term 1 tuition is due and may not be utilised if a student joins the school during the school year.
Less Than Termly Payment
Normally tuition fees should be paid termly, however in certain circumstances half termly or monthly payment plans are available. Due to the increase in administration any payment plan less than termly will be subject to a 3% administration fee.
- Invoicing and credit terms are as follows:
- Half termly; For students already enrolled and receiving tuition at the school the invoice for the following half term shall be issued shortly before start of the preceding half term holiday. For example: – The invoice for the 1st half of Term 2 will be issued shortly before the half term holiday of Term 1 and the invoice for the 2nd half of Term 2 will be issued shortly before the start of Term 2. 30-day credit terms shall be given.
- Monthly; For students already enrolled and receiving tuition at the school invoices for the following term shall be issued shortly before the half term holidays of the preceding Term. For example:- For Term 1; 4 equal invoices will be issued with payments terms of 30, 60, 90 and 120 days. For Term 2 & 3; 3 equal invoices will be issued with payments terms of 30, 60 and 90 days.
Payment can be made via cash in the administration office. Via electronic transfer to our bank, details as follows:
Bank name: Siam Commercial Bank,
Acc. Name: TIS Holdings Co., ltd,
Account #: 801-226918-5
Payment via cheque is also accepted, made payable to TIS Holdings Co., Ltd. Alternatively, we can accept Visa or MasterCard, payment by credit cards will incur an additional 3% fee.
Student & Guardian Visa:
The school can assist the student and guardian(s) with documentation required by the Thai immigration department and / or Thai embassies in foreign countries, so please contact us for details of the service charges involved. This service does not include any charges that are imposed by any government agency or commercial agents related to such visa applications and / or visa extensions, with any such charges being the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Assistance for the guardian visa can also be provided.
Additionally, advice on visas and visa extensions is available at the school office free of charge at any time during the academic year.
Payment can be made via cash in the administration office, electronic transfer to our bank, cheque made payable to TIS Holdings Co., Ltd. Or via Visa or Mastercard credit card. Note: payment by credit cards will incur an additional 3% fee. Our accounting system will automatically apply received payments to the oldest open invoice first.
Late Payment Penalties:
There are two late penalty systems in place. The first relates to any invoice for any item or service that is not paid within the due date listed on the invoice. Late payment will incur a late payment fee of 1.25% per month, calculated from invoice issue date and on the total invoice amount.
Additionally, late payment for tuition fees will incur a second charge of 1,000 Thai baht per week after the due date. This shall be invoiced to the parent on each Monday following the start of term.
One full term’s notice, in writing to the School Administration, is required for any student leaving the school whether that be permanent or temporary removal. Notice must be received at the very latest by the first day of the term prior to the term that the student plans to leave the school. Verbal notice will not be accepted. Once notice has been received then resources will not be ordered for the following term. A request to reverse the decision may be lodged however a school position cannot be guaranteed and there maybe additional costs to special order resources. Consecutive notices will not be accepted.
Security deposits are refundable; no other fee (including tuition fee) or charge is subject to a refund. Refunds shall be made at least 30 days after the end of notice periods. Any bank charges relating to the refund shall be deducted from the refund. All outstanding monies owed will be deducted from the refund.
- Tuition fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The security deposit is fully refundable under the following circumstances:
- When a student has attended one full school year of tuition; and
- When one full term notice has been given (Note: deposit will be lost if correct notice not given); or
- Upon the graduation from the school (completion of Year 11, 12 or 13).
- 50% of the security deposit is refundable under the following circumstances:
- When a student has attended one full term of tuition but less than one full year; and
- When one full term notice has been given (Note: deposit will be lost if correct notice not given).
When a security deposit is refunded or is forfeited in lieu of sufficient notice the student has effectively terminated tuition with the school and will forfeit any special discount rights they had. If the student wishes to re-enter the school, then the student shall be liable for all fees as a new student.
On occasion, credit notes may be issued, such as for an unused product bought from the school cafe shop. Credit notes can be used against unpaid invoices within family account but cannot be redeemed for cash.